Veggie Pasta Salad
- 2.5 cups dry macaroni
- 12 ounces fresh green beans cut into 3rds
- 1 red bell pepper diced (or any color)
- 1 medium onion, diced (or use green onions)
- 1 can black olives (I used reduced sodium)
- 1 1 can dark red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Mayo with olive oil
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Add beans the last three minutes of cooking time. Rinse under cold water and drain thoroughly.
Mix the macaroni and veggies. Add the vinegar, mayo and olive oil. Mix well.
This makes a LOT. Great for a potluck. It can easily be halved.
If you don’t like a mayo style salad, this tastes just as good by increasing the oil and vinegar and using that as the sole dressing. Much lighter that way I think. You could even use a bottled oil and vinegar dressing.
This is fairly low in sodium, and half of it comes from the mayo! The whole recipe has 3228mg of sodium, and 1524mg of it is from the mayo.